What is Isotrex?
Isotrex Gel is a prescription only acne treatment. Isotrex Gel contains the active ingredient isotretinoin.
Isotretinoin is similar to Vitamin A. It works by helping the skin so that blocked pores are less likely.
This helps to prevent spots.
Isotrex Gel is used to treat acne (spots) in young people who are going through or have gone through
puberty, and in adults. It is not for use by children who have not started puberty. Isotrex helps to:
- loosen blackheads and whiteheads so that they come out more easily
- stop new blackheads, whiteheads and spots from forming
- lower the number of red, swollen acne spots.
What is the difference between tretinoin and isotretinoin?
Isotretinoin is very similar to the active ingredient tretinoin. It is known as an isomer which means that the chemical structure is very similar.
Clinical studies have shown that isotretinoin is as effective as tretinoin for treating acne but for some individuals has less side effects.
How to Use Isotrex Gel
- Wash your hands.
- Completely remove any make-up.
- Wash the area with a mild soap and warm water, and dry gently.
- Put a thin layer of gel on the affected skin, using your fingertips, and smooth in.
- Apply to all of the area of your skin which has acne, not just each spot.
- Wash your hands after using the gel.